Friday, October 5, 2007

Annapolis Street Vignette



Foggy Morning in Annapolis - One of the best ways to get to know a place is from the street. The sounds. The smells. The people you meet by chance.

Thursday morning (yesterday) dawned foggy so I grabbed a camera and headed downtown for some pictures and to see who I could find.

Had some great experiences. Grabbing a parking meter space I discovered I needed to put in at least a quarter to grab the shot. Checked pocket. No change.

A quick duck into 49 West Coffeehouse Winebar and Gallery to buy something, anything, to get some change. The pastry bill came to $1.86. I told the guy at the counter I needed to make change and come out with a quarter. "Here," he said, handing me a quarter. "Don't worry about it." Friendly math. I ran out to get some fog shots and then ducked back into the coffeehouse and met some people. It was great fun and the kind of laid-back morning experience that is common in Annapolis.


Ran back out and met some more folks. I set up some shots of the capitol dome in the mist and decided to photograph and try to interview the first person who walked in front of the camera. That person was Mark Haggerty of Annapolis. Delightful fellow, full of life.

Back to the coffee house and grabbed a shot of Ryan (the guy at the counter) serving customers (that's Eileen of Middletown, DE, and Stephanie of Pasadena). Enjoyable atmosphere. (Table has Mark and Lecie Davis and Lance and Terri Goldberg, along with Mike Rainen, all of Kansas City).

Then it was back to the office and back to work.

One more vignette in my search for Annapolis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home